Saturday, August 18, 2007

Um. It's happening.

That thing where I fight a little against getting older.

I just spent ten minutes fishing through the hair on my temples for silver hairs and then carefully separating them from the darker herd and mercilessly plucking them out of my scalp.

I used to say to people complaining about their grey hairs, "I think I'm going to like when my hair starts to go grey. I'll finally have some character. I hate that I have such a babyface." How did I not get slapped?? I was delusional and smarmy. Seriously. How do I have any friends at all?

Eight little silver hairs met their deaths tonight. But the follicles will live to push new ones out into the world. I will either stop plucking or begin spending money on hair dye.

Which will it be? Only time will tell.

1 comment:

Lisabell said...

Plucking has worked for me for the past 10 years or so. So far it's the same hairs I pluck out over and over again -- I won't freak until new ones start popping up... yeeesh, that will be a sad day.