Tuesday, August 17, 2010

First post of 2010!

Pitiful.

I just logged in to this blog to link to my little sister's new blog and saw what state the ol' RWS is in.

Pitiful.

For 2.5 seconds I felt okay about the fact that I haven't posted ONE TIME all year because I know I've been posting to my Tumblr. But then I looked at that real quick and it's been four months.

Pitiful.

Here are some random facts about RIGHT NOW, August 17th, 2010:

1. My grandpa has a tumor choking his liver. It's inoperable.
2. My godson swallowed a quarter "trying to clean it," and had to go to the ER. He lives!
3. My garden (which I absolutely LOVE growing) has approxiately 50 green tomatoes in it that absolutely refuse to turn red.
4. My favorite dancer won SYTYCD this season. That's never happened before.
5. My standards for "happy" are at an all-time low, I think.

That last one is a doozy and it just sort of came out. A Buddhist would read that and think, "Good for you!" but I don't actually mean it in a very Zen way at all.


Still. 2010 beats 2008 and 2009 all to hell so far!

I'll sign off with a photo of my grandpa proudly displaying a beautiful watermelon grown in his garden, which is eerily similar to my last post.

No comments: