Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Play it now, my baby...


Oh, I love my Rosie child
She got the way to make me happy

You and me, we go in style

Cracklin' Rosie you're a store-bought woman

You make me sing like a guitar hummin'

So hang on to me, girl

Our song keeps runnin' on


Play it now
Play it now

Play it now, my baby


--"Cracklin' Rosie," by Neil Diamond


This is the song I woke up with. Didn't hear it yesterday or this week or even within the most remote timeframe.

I just woke up with it and it's been swirling around in my brain all morning while getting dressed, feeding the dogs, through a breakfast meeting with one of my peeps from work.... By the time I got to the office and realized it was still with me, I decided there was only one choice: Buy it on iTunes and blast it out loud. And dance.

The few folks here at the office laughed with me. I told them I had no idea why in the world it was in my head. Someone offered up, "Well you know who it is then. It's the baby."

I liked that thought so much, I had to rattle off the first blog post in 6 months.

Thanks for the song, Bean.

No comments: